15 October, 2009

Let Go and Let God...


We all have heard the infamous saying "Let go and Let God". Such a simple five word phrase. However, it is one of the most difficult things to do. Our society has taught us since we have known how to walk and talk, to become self-reliable, independent, focused individuals. One of the sayings I was taught early in my life was "I am the Captain of my fate, the Master of my soul." We place such high emphasis on your level to create and maintain opportunity for yourself and if you are unable to do that; that thereby deems you a failure, unproductive, or a follower.


We are supposed to be mavericks in this here world. Our own personal Christopher Columbus or Ponce De Leon. Although, what one fails to acknowledge is even Chris Columbus did not find America solely on his own. Forging out your own footpath in this world can be a hard, lonely and at time a vicious process. Dealing with life's curve balls on your own also can be a challenging ordeal. Recently, I have been listening to Donald Lawrence CD, The Law of Confession it speaks about how our words hold so much power and how if we would only look to God's word for our relief and answers, we would overcome all challenges and situations that face us.


As I was looking for my picture for my blog today I came across this poem that so eloquently sums up our stubbornness as God's children:


As children bring their broken toys
With tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God,
Because he was my friend.
But then, instead of leaving Him
In peace, to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help,
With ways that were my own.
At last, I snatched them back
And cried, “How can you be so slow?”
My child, He said, ” What could
I do” You never did let go.”
Author: Unknown


If we would only submit to his will and Let Go. It is such a simple thing to do. It is not some Sudoku puzzle, some Algebraic problem, some Logic question that has your mind boggled. God commands us to simply LET GO.


**"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."** Matthew 11: 28-30 NIV Holy Bible

1 comment:

  1. So true.. but alas, so hard to do. :-)

    ReplyDelete