18 September, 2013

Bag Lady...

Are you healthy?

I mean really truly healthy? I am not just speaking mentally or physically.

Healthy is an all encompassing word. My definition of health is Mentally, Physically and Spiritually. All three parts make a whole. You can not be lacking in one area and think that you are truly healthy.

Being Physically overweight is just one indicator of what is happening internally. Yet, do not let people fool you into believing that because they are slim, fit or in physically good shape that they are healthy. There could be some other physical issues along with mental and spiritual issues that need to be addressed.

I personally am not healthy. I am honest enough to admit that I am 126lbs OVERWEIGHT! I have let life attack me one pound at a time. Every pound of weight that I am over, is baggage. Be it a bag of hurt, a bag of disappointment, or a bag of sadness. Many fail to realize that losing weight does NOT make you healthy. You also have to work on your inner self so you do not walk back into that cycle again.

I think of the song Bag Lady by Erykah Badu, I am currently she. I have began to make those changes in my life. As I work my way towards a lifestyle of TRUE health.

I also encourage you to take those desired steps. If you are not overweight, begin to assess your life; other areas of your physical health, mental health and spiritual health.

Take inventory, seriously. It is NOT easy!!!

I empathize with you because I am you. Lets have a healthier life together, Ok! 


Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper 
and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3 John 1: 2 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment